Have you tried affirmations to create wealth and found them to be useless? Here are some tips to make your affirmations more effective:
1. Frame your affirmations in the positive. For example, say “Money flows to me now,” or “I trust that I have enough money.” In contrast, don’t use “I don’t want to be broke anymore,” “I don’t want bill collectors to call me,” or “I hate my job.” Always speak in terms of what you want, not what you don’t want.
2. Make sure the affirmation rings true with you. So, for example, if you select something that feels silly and unrealistic to you, your affirmation won’t feel right. If I say “I have billions of dollars invested wisely,” it just doesn’t feel realistic to me; it feels empty and ridiculous.
In contrast, if I say “I always have enough money to pay my bills,” that feels more in line with reality. Of course, the whole point of affirmations is to take you out of your current reality, but expanding your horizons gently and gradually will be more effective, rather than forcing big leaps that feel artificial.
3. Use language that feels more natural, too. If I say “I have a million dollars” that feels less realistic than “I choose to have a million dollars.” Of course I would choose that….you would, too, right? Other words to consider using include “I would like” and “I am now receiving.” Phrases like that might seem wishy-washy, but they don’t encounter the subconscious push-back that stronger, more definitive statements do.
4. Take baby-steps. Once you’ve used an affirmation for a while and are starting to see results, be sure to reevaluate what you’re affirming. If you’ve been saying “I always have enough money to pay my bills,” then maybe try “I always have enough money to pay my bills and take a fun two-week trip overseas every year.”
5. Take the time to really feel what you’re saying when you state the affirmation. Would you feel relaxed if you had the wealth you desire? Happy? Peaceful? Grateful? As you’re saying the affirmation, picture all the money that will flow to you, and get into a feeling place with your emotions.
Here are some money affirmations to try:
Abundance flows easily to me.
I choose to have enough money to pay my bills easily and comfortably.
I am worthy of prosperity.
I am open to all the good that the Universe has for me.
I am grateful for all the good in my life.
I now release all limiting beliefs about money.
I am successful, generous, and happy.
Being wealthy gives me infinite options for my life.
I am a money magnet.
I spend money happily and wisely, helping myself and others.
I am open to new opportunities to let money flow to me.
I am now receiving thousands of dollars.
It would be great if I had a million dollars.
[weaver_widget_area] - Area donation not defined.
Louise Hay’s book You Can Heal Your Life has a great section on creating prosperity.
What affirmations do you use to overcome your money blocks?